My name is Keith Barnes and I teach middle school math, specifically 7th grade math, in Sturgis, Michigan. I have a beautiful wife who is also an educator. Our oldest son has graduated high school and is now working for Morgan Stanley, the investment company. Our oldest daughter just graduated high school this past spring and is enrolled at Manchester College. Our youngest daughter will be in 8th grade this fall.
I have taught over 20 years. I have taught both middle school and high school mathematics. I also teach part time at Glen Oaks Community College. I have a bachelor's degree in secondary mathematics education and a master's degree in middle level education (one of the best things I ever did...second only to marrying my wife.)
This is my first foray into blogging. My goal is to write realistically about what goes on in a middle school mathematics classroom. I plan to write every day while the events are still fresh in my mind. I will write about what went right, what went wrong, why it went right, why it went wrong, what I will do differently next time...and anything else interesting.
It's middle school. It's always interesting.
This fall I teach Regular 7th grade math and Advanced 7th grade math. The Advanced class is new to me, so if anyone has any fantastic suggestions...I'm certainly willing to listen. I'm really excited about the start of the new year. But right now, I just plan to relax.
Have a great rest of the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment